Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Picking Medina - A Thrifting Road Trip!

Yesterday I drove about an 1 hour, 45 minutes away up to Medina, Ohio. I dropped off the Coronel to the winning bidder, and then hit up a few thrift stores and antique malls. Since I've been lax about doing haul posts lately, I figured this was definitely the time to do one! I had a great time and found a few cool things.

The first place I went, where I met my buyer actually, was the Goodwill. It was in by far the coolest building I've ever seen a thrift store in:

I was driving along thinking I would have to hunt it down in a strip mall, then I saw the giant silo with Goodwill written on it, easy peasy!

After that I went to Brother's Antique Mall, Medina Depot Antiques, This & That Antiques, and the Hospice of Medina County Life's Treasures Thrift Shop. Of course I forgot to take photos of all of those places, because I was too busy shopping!

Here's the haul:

A set of gold leaf Libbey glasses new in box, a metal green and yellow flower canister set, a white macrame purse with plastic circle handle, a wooden hand (ring holder, maybe?), and a vintage camera wallet purse.

A huge lot of vintage plastic Solo cups, a black metal lunchbox, some Ekco iced tea spoons, Adidas shoes, and He-Man sheets.

Of course I saw a lot of stuff I would have liked to buy, but had to leave behind because it was too expensive (antique malls tend to have retail prices, of course!) but overall I was happy with what I was able to scoop up. And it is always fun to check out a different town's junk! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS I just found your blog and I am a former OHIO girl, having lived in Parma, Brunswick, Strongsville, MEDINA and West Salem. How cool to be able to follow your blog and follow someone who also is into vintage and thrifting!! Great blog!