Thursday, August 14, 2008

Contest Time - Name That 60's Mannequin Head!

Look at this groovy lady I found last weekend- according to her former owner, she came from a department store in the late 1960's! How often does something like this come around?

So, in her honor (yes, I'm selling her, I know, I'm heartless!), I am having a contest - Name That 60's Mannequin Head! Leave a comment with your suggestion, and on Monday I will use the Random Generator to pick her new name.

The winner will get the item of their choice from the sale section in my Etsy shop - did I mention the Etsy Vintage Street Team is having a sale through the 17th? It's the Under $12 Sale, just search the tag EVSTsale - tons of great stuff, over a thousand items the last time I checked!

19 comments:

goddessOhoney said...

i think her name should be Gemima--like Aunt Gemima of the syrup--but ppl would just call her Gemma

Moddities :: 20th Century Vintage said...

Betsy (just Betz to her close friends).

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

it just must be Guenevere!

backhomeagain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

What a fun find! Can I suggest Clementine? She looks like a face that would be happy under a picnic tree in the summer. :)
love your blog, btw! I'm just getting new to etsy and had no idea there was a special tag for vintage sales!

backhomeagain said...

I love her and I think her name should be Sadie!

svelteSTUFF said...

'Mona Big-Eyes'... or Liza for short!

Callooh Callay said...

I'd go with Ariel--she looks so light and fairy like. Great find!

artsfarm said...

I think she's a Penelope; it sounds so 'Carnaby Street'! :-)

(Penny for short)

Joyfulsister said...

Hmmm.. The name Genevieve keeps coming to mind when I look upon her lovely face.
Yes indeed!! Genevieve it is *smile*.

Aloha Lorie

Sue said...

I think she has a bit of a French
look to her. Very chic - especially with that 'swan' neck!

I'll go with Zoe

What a fabulous find!! I think she is wonderful!

Sue

obsessed scrapbooker said...

Pandora! I don't know, it just came to me!

Marcy Massura said...

Joanie.
She just is a joanie

Cape Ann Auction said...

Twiggie

Bunny B said...

She looks like a Holly (like Holly Golightly) to me! Or a Leslie or Harmony :)
Thanks!

bunnybx at gmail . com

Sarabeth said...

To me she channels Gigi (like the Leslie Caron movie)...

Oh champagne and Frenchmen!

Paper Dolls For Boys said...

Lashes LaRue!

Maria said...

Daisy :)

Desiree said...

HI, I love your mannequin. I've been looking for a blank wood dollhead such as this to paint for my home. Any suggestions on where I can purchase one? I would appreciate any tips! You can reach me at dizydesi at gmail dot com.